We are made up of energy and our energetic field attracts or repels things to us depending on our resonance.
This is why there are sayings like “when it rains, it pours” because whatever vibrational field we are existing in will attract more of the same to it.
This information can be very stressful if we are experiencing heavy emotions or going through a particularly challenging time in our lives where things don’t seem to ever shift.
I am very open about having struggled with depression and anxiety for a lot of my life and knowing that I need to change my energy – while simultaneously not being able to – has been stressful to say the least.
I am not someone who gives a lot of weight to labels to describe mental health. I believe that most, if not all, of our diagnoses come from unprocessed trauma and that we are never stuck and there is always room for shifts and healing and I stand for that for my clients and myself.
Our emotions are messengers and they give us information to let us know what is aligned and what is not aligned. If we are feeling down that is valuable information and the only way out is through. Feeling our feelings in their entirety is the way to heal them. Only then will we be able to move into a different state and shift our experience.
We live in a society that is pretty crazy and does not really allow time or support us in having off days. Most people are on some kind of meditation for mood and/or self-meditating in some way or another. I have clients who are going through major transitions and heartache in one form or another and they are always trying to rush themselves through to the other side.
To heal we need to slow down. We need to feel the things we have been running from and trust that our feelings come and go, they don’t stay. We may need some support in feeling safe enough to process, heal and integrate past trauma that gets reactivated in the present when the ups and downs of life happen.
Once it becomes clear as to what this experience is here to teach us we can begin to shift and move out of it and change our energy. If we do this prematurely and try to rush it, it will only keep showing up because something needs our attention!
Here are some suggestions that can help you shift into a new energetic state:
- Allow yourself to BE exactly as you are in this moment (no shaming, blaming, or “should-ing” on yourself) as this will only make you feel worse
- Get some consistent support from a professional: this is a beautiful act of self-love and a good practice of showing up for yourself
- Surround yourself with the people that lift you up and distance yourself from those who don’t
- Reprogram your subconscious mind – this is where your story lives!
- Listen to subliminals at night to reprogram your subconscious (there are tons of good ones on youtube or reach out to me and I can send you some of my favorites). Listen to the same one every night as you fall asleep, or even leave it playing on low all night.
- Do 1-1 weekly sessions for at least 90 days (even better if you can do 6 months).
- Move your body: trauma lives in the body. It will tell us to stay still and isolate and do the exact opposite of what will heal it.
- Take contrary action: go for a walk, meet a friend, turn on some music and shake for a few minutes (moving changes our energetic state)
- Understand that when we feel low this is also a time where life is showing us contrast and the contrast causes us to ASK very clearly for what we DO want!
- When we know what we don’t want, we know what we do want
- Write down your ideal vision for your life and read it every single day in the morning and before bed – this plants seeds in the subconscious mind that will sprout into changes in your life
- Gratitude Journal: write a list of 5 things you’re grateful for daily. This rewires the brain for appreciation and causes us to start looking for more to be grateful for.
- Watch how you talk!
- It is important to express how we are feeling but if your story is being told on repeat it is energizing it more. See if you can add in a few positive statements and I promise you things will start to shift.
- Be gentle and kind and patient with yourself. Being human is messy! None of us get out alive. This too shall pass.
If you need some support in shifting your energy from your core please reach out to me here (link below). I would be honored to support you in creating a new experience: